Monday, February 12, 2007

Mandatory Blog

-Alright, so far I've made some decent progress on this first assignment. As a hockey fan I was already familiar with the history of the sport and the background. The focus of this article will emphasize the sacrifices people make to follow their goals. It will relate to the general reader by putting them in place of the players I will interview. They will read about why these players love the sport and how they came to be in Stockton, CA when the two I'm specifically interviewing are originally from Portage La Prairie, Manitoba (Troy Bodie) and East York, Ontario (Liam Reddox).
-So far I have spoken with one of the players I met on my own and am hoping to hear that he has enoughtime for an interview. I have also spoken via email with the man in charge of Media Relations for the team, Mike Benton. He is in the process of setting up interviews with the two mentioned players over thephone after oneof their games Thursday.
-I have researched the basic statistics of the players so I can ask about their careers and have also touched up on the history of hockey.
-I have read about the Stockton Thunder organization and how they have the best attendance on the league this year. One of the players I'm interviewing was chosen for the All-Star game and was mentioned in an article in the Stockton Record.
-I am planning on reading any articles I can find in hockey archives sites that may focus on anything similar to my article so i dont replicate the same style of any articles already written.

No comments: