Friday, April 20, 2007

Profile Blogggg

Many people are probably choosing someone rather prestigious to interview but I want to take a different route and profile someone that is simply very interesting. One of my bosses at work has had a very strange life and always has interesting stories to tell about random experiences. His name is Jay and he's 36 years old.

He was adopted as a child just before he was about to be placed in an orphanage in Texas. The family that adopted him had two daughters nearly 20 years older. Jay was not always treated fairly but eventually moved out to California.

Here, he attended Sac State for a few years. I'm not positive whether he graduated but I know he said he would have done some things differently. He managed a Chinese movie store for a couple years, which he says was his favorite job.

He started at my work just before me and was employee of the month every month before he got promoted to supervisor. He's an artist and constantly draws in his free time and has had comics published.

I can recall a number of very unique stories he's told me over just a few minutes at work. His life has had extreme ups and downs. He was homeless twice. He was married and divorced. His girlfriend makes way more money than him. He also collects toys. He may sound quirky, and he is, but he's been through a lot of drama and has an intriguing wisdom.

No comments: